All our pieces are gold filled or plated made from sterling silver or brass. With proper care and love, our pieces can last and stay beautiful for years to come.
Here's a list of handy tips for you to care for your MISSA & KISSA jewellery:
- Keep the jewellery away from water and chemicals (e.g. lotions, makeup, hair products, perfume, sweat).
- Avoid swimming, showering, working out or sleeping with jewellery on. If you do need to or end up getting your jewellery wet, make sure to rinse and pat dry it lightly with a soft cloth afterwards. It's especially important to clean off your jewellery if you had an active day and perspired a lot. (See the Deep Cleaning Section below)
- Put the jewellery on last and take them off first thing when you get home.
- After each use, wipe down your jewellery with a soft cloth to remove any residue, sweat or dirt accumulated during the day.
- Store the pieces in a low-humidity environment individually so they don't rub together, scratch or tangle (Tip: store them in a ziplock bag or the cute jewellery pouch that comes with every purchase)
Even if you have religiously followed the above tips, our bodies' natural oils can still cause tarnish over time. Please note that all precious metals will inevitably dull with time and wear. To slow down the tarnishing process and restore shine, we recommend giving your jewellery a thorough clean every now and then.
1. Get a bowl of lukewarm water and mix in a wee bit of mild dish soap
2. Soak the piece in the bowl for about a minute
3. Rub it very gently with a soft-bristled brush or polishing cloth
4. Rinse thoroughly and pat dry for storage
If you have any questions at all, please reach out to us and we will happily assist.